måndag 30 augusti 2010

a birthday minibook using bits and pieces


i printed out some of the photos from my daughters birthday party that we had this past weekend.
i knew i wanted to do a minibook with focus on the photos. so i mounted that images on some heavy cardstock and went to town :)
one thing i also decided was that i was going to mainly use bits and pieces that were laying around my desk and in my scrap basket.
for the title page, i used a little left over piece of that label.


this is the first pages where i did my actual journaling. that journaling block was actually in my scarp basket, so that counts, yes?
isn´t sadie so cute in her part hat?! if you ask her, she would tell you that she got way less treats than she asked for :)


for this page i used a sheet of punched out paper. it became a cool accent from what would have normally wasted.


well, the flowers are kinda cheating because they always sit on my table :)
but the word "fest" is a magazine cutout.


here i used that yellow star paper as a background. i chose to cut it out where i have already punched out the butterflies for a project months ago.


the same here, really. i also cut the number 11 out from a bingo card that i had partially used before.


the love diecut is from keri smiths book; living out loud! and i love that i found a place for it here!


again a piece of the negative from punches and a magazine clipping for the word "happy".


lots of bits and pieces here!
the "smile" is also from keri smiths book, i used 2 already punched out minis for the heart and the circle, the Stina is a magazine clipping and the enjoy is from a little piece of patterned paper i have saved.


all these elements were in my scrapbasket.


although i did not like that my daughter got stung by a wasp, i did however like that i finally could use one of those sad faced tickets :)


this was such a fun little project that i finished on one day! thanks for looking!

1 kommentar:

  1. I am one of your w.c.s. DT buddies and wanted to let you know that I adore your projects...and this mini is so fun! I love it! Welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.

    SvaraRadera

Share!