torsdag 3 januari 2013

Be Brave | One little word


I am not taking Ali Edwards class this year, but it feels good to have a new word to focus on. My word came to me just before Christmas as you can imagine. It was something I repeated to myself like a mantra: Ok, I need to be brave, I need to be brave...
I know that I will need to be brave alot this year as I (and my daughter) face a new chapter in our lives. Clearly I need to be (or atleast act like) brave for her, but also for myself. Now, when I just wrote that last sentence I thought: No! I want to teach her that yes, this breaks my heart and hurts so very much, but it will not breake me. I don´t want to act brave. I will act as an adult and try to explain stuff for her and I also want to teach her that I am going to my very best to be brave and make the best of what life hands me.

One of my favorite quotes about bravery was given to me a long time ago by my Canadian penpal:

"Courage doesn´t always roar. Sometimes it is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying; I will try again tomorrow."

Mary Anne Radmacher

The quote gives a sense of hope to me. Just the thought of that it is not always the big, heroic things that is a sign of bravery, but also the fact that you did your very best.

With that said I must share what my TUT (messages from the Universe) said a few days after I got the news of my husband wanting a divorce:

"In all things, Lisa, always and forever, simply wish the best for all involved without stating what you think that is. And then, whatever happens, know that it was."

Magic I call it! Because even though New Years Eve was a really low point for me, I have been very thoughtful and respectful in the sense of not having ill-feelings  towards my husband nor have I spoken badly about him to others. Simply trying to accept the facts and trying to slowly and quietly move on as best as I can. 
Now, don´t give me the Nobel Peace Prize just yet! You never know how I will feel in a month or two :)

And lastly, I want to thank each and everyone of you again for comments, emails and private messages. You all have lifted me up by your encouragement and love. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You all make me a little more brave!



1 kommentar:

  1. One step at a time.
    One moment at a time.
    One day at a time.
    I know you are brave - you always have been in my eyes. In those moments that you don't feel it, be brave & ask your friends to be brave for you!
    Go Lisa!

    SvaraRadera

Share!