måndag 30 juni 2008

stone project

So, even in my blogger profile i have listed that i am a stone collector. i have picked and collected stones since forever. i have stones from everywhere i have ever been. hungary, serbia, turkey, germany, france etc. i even have pices of the berlin wall. stones has a special meaning in my life without me noticing it really. it has just happened over the years. at my home we have a huge old glass jar filled with my collection. from time to time i pick every single one of them out of the jar and feel them. they are soft and edgy, some are both. this fascination of stones has rubbed of on my daughter. now we both have heavy pockets after a walk on the beach :) i like the stones just as they are, but one day i decided to make something fun with them. i went to the beach and picked some stones more for their shapes than that they stood out to me. when i came home i painted them a few in a green shade and some in a blue shade. i let them dry over night and then just finished them of the next day.






by that evening they were all dry and ready to be "flowerpot monsters" :) i painted white eyes and added a black pupill.

this is them resting before i tested them out in the flower pots :)





they are just a fun thing to add for a flower gift to the hostess or a fun adding to the kids windowshelf. i am going to sell them during my daughters and my garage sale next week!








they make me happy :)

7 kommentarer:

  1. SO cute! i love painting rocks too :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. This are soooo cute! I am going to have to "borrow" this idea for our planters. Thanks for the inspo!

    SvaraRadera
  3. They've made me happy to...
    Thank you!

    Xoxo Inge

    SvaraRadera
  4. Wow my boys would love to do this - the holidays start today. Glad to see you back I have really been enjoying your blog :)

    SvaraRadera
  5. OMG how cute they are!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    SvaraRadera
  6. oh my goodness, these are the sweetest things ever! i love the placement. so whimsical. i want to make some!

    SvaraRadera

Share!