tisdag 23 juli 2013

Memorykeeping | 3 tips for getting it done!

Today I am sharing my 3 top tips to make scrapbooking a little easier. 

1. Print photos often!

I print at home since I know what size I normally scrap, I don´t have to plan much. If you don´t print at home, see if you can find a printer service that delivers fast. Also, look through your made layouts and see if you see a pattern in what photo sizes you use. Maybe you already know what sizes you´ll need and that makes ordering faster!

2. Jot down the stories!




Jot down the story real fast when it is fresh. I usually have a notebook with me and make sketches for the pages I know I would like to do. also, for me, it sparks something to plan with photos in my hands, so sometimes I have my photos with me in a page protector.
When I am waiting somewhere or am at the beach I tend to do the journaling. That way I have it ready and know more of how much space it will need on the page.

3. Use a formula!

If you don´t have time to scrapbook on a regular basis, do it in sessions. Set aside a few hours and do multiple pages. If you are one of those who now cringe and say that you usually spend a few hours on one page, let me give you a suggestion. Pick out 2 or 3 designs/sketches to work from (these can be from your own pages that you have done, see my Re-Scrap challenge!) Use only those on 2 or 3 layouts and I Think it can save you a Little time. The pages don´t have to look the same even if they have the same base formula. Here are a few examples.



I used this super simple sketch for my next 2 layouts.



For this one I stayed true to the sketch. You can easily change my 4x6" photo to two smaller ones. 


And here is my second page I did with the sketch. I simply turned the design sideways. The possibilities are endless really!

Those are my 3 tips for getting scrapbooking done!



1 kommentar:

  1. Good idea. I think my mistakes are waiting... Procrastination...:)

    SvaraRadera

Share!