söndag 3 december 2006

this was supposed to be...

a reflection on a sunday morning, but blogger was messed up for the last days... :) I was sooooo lazy sunday and I was absolutely loving that! I finished up a Christmas gift for someone at work this morning. I made a mini album with quotes and a few of my own photos to go inside. I am hoping it will serve as a coffe table book or something like that. It was fun to do, but I can´t show it here just yet! ...ok here i s a sneek peek:

Then I send in a few more layouts to possible publishing to that swedish magazine I have told you about. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

And then I did something I would advise all you scrapbookers to do once in a while...go through your BOS at 2peas. I do that from time to time and I find new inspiration everytime. You know how it is, you see a lo in the gallery and put it in the BOS and you try to take some inspiration from it or lift it at some point, but if you are like me you have like pages and pages of BOS things. I love going back to like page 12 or something and see what I have there and what inspired me then. And you know what? I can see a lo and understand what drew me to it in the first place, but now say a cuple of years down the line, something else catches my eyes on the same lo. Am I making any sense? For example todays latest add to my book of scraps is this layout by Karla Dudley. I like the whole thing here, but especially the small photos and the text.



Then I jumped to page 10 in my BOS and found this one by Doris Sander:


I remember that I liked the title right away and that is why it is there in the first place...but now that I look at it 6 months later it is the composition that catches my eyes. The border is fab and the sewing also...

A favorite (still) from page 20 Marie Cox´ layout is one of the jummiest I have ever seen. I fell in love with it right away. And still I can just sit and look at it... I love the small photos and the calendar feel to it. I lifted this on and mine is the second.






Well, I think you get my drift right?! I love doing these things and as I said I advise you all to do the same thing from time to time. See what inspires you now with something that inspired you a year ago, a month ago or just yesterday! Have a great tuesday!
Edited: Haha...thank you for helping a busy mind BRADS!!!! Is the name!!! haha...

1 kommentar:

  1. I fell in love with that lo of Karla's too!! I need to buy some more transperencies!

    SvaraRadera

Share!