lördag 16 december 2006

a little bit of this & of that

I just wanted to make a little this and that post today.

~ we set up that tree tuesday. I love trimming the tree! We usually do it on December 13th, but I just couldn´t wait this year. My daughter was jumping up and down she was so excited! When we were done she took a few steps back and just whatched the tree in awe. I love that too, that is like the essence of Christmas that I want to try to bring out every year - joy. Especially joy from children. Don´t you agree?

I snapped a few this morning, because those we took "in the making" where all grainy and blurry. Hm...well it is not easy taking photos in a dark room :)


I also wanted to show you how those altered chipboard letters I made look in the tree. I really like them up there. And I made some other photo ornaments aswell. Fun stuff!


Now the church. This is the little church that I grew up with in my dads and moms house. When mom told me that I could have it when I moved out I was so happy. It is a music box that plays Silent night (my favorite!). I reminds me of home...


~I put some mini albums in that huge glass container I bought at IKEA (do you remember?). I put it right by the tree so that it would look tempting to just open it and look at the mini albums. I like that. That you can touch the albums or other things that I create. I want to make them as sturdy as I can so that my daughter can have them in her hands and they don´t break.

~Talking about my daughter, she is in a fase (I hope!) of feeling insecure about herself. It is so important, I think, that our girls have selfconfidence and confidence at all if they want to make it in this world as it looks today. I feel worried everytime that she puts herself down thinking that she can´t do this or that. I want her to belive in herself and just absorb every oportunity to stand in the light. Because she is a smart and beautiful girl. We will work on that! Anyway, here is a typical example of how she can look being put in attention. And please don´t think that she is that miserable, because the minute the Christmas play was over she was happy as a bird!

~ I have been having a little down period moodwise lately...maybe it is the darkness that is outside these days or just plain depression...I have those periods sometimes and they are really a pain in the ***. But I have overcome them before and am determind to do it again!

~The Christmas shopping is almost done and the presents are all wrapped. I used the little tags I made and this is a little example of how they turned out!

~We are going to some really great friends tonight for a little Chrsitmas party. We are having some food and we´ll make gingerbread houses! We are looking forward to this and have been for ages. My daughter nearly freaked out when my husband came down with one of those "just shoot me" colds this week. She was afraid that we couldn´t make it to the party. He is feeling better now, so yes we are going. No it is the wait...oh the agony of waiting for children! :)

~I am going to do some scrapping this morning after breakfast, I hope! And I have to figure out a contribution for a CJ I have right now...hm...I will share as soon as possible! In the meantime I will share this as a little reminder to look back on the year we have had!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Share!