tisdag 16 januari 2007

I am back...I think!

Well, that was alot of darkness! Sweden was hit by another storm on sunday. 2 years ago we had a storm called Gudrun and it left a devestating amount of fallen trees, housholds without electricity, water and phones for months even. On the island that I live we had quite alot of trees (the island is 14 km long and 3 km wide) and we lost 10 000 trees in the last storm. As you can imagien we didn´t have many left, and the ones left are gone now. Well, not everyone, but it definatly changes the nature and what you see from place to place. I was out sunday and was heading home around 2 pm. The ferry ride was ok I guess, but then we weren´t allowed to walk home, because of the risk of the falling trees. So we (me and a neghbour) had to wait in the harbour for about an hour and then the firetruck came and picked us up. They had to take a detour and it was really emotional driving through the "forest" and see what had happened. The wind kept on blowing the whole afternoon and night. At about 6 pm we lost our electricity and the phones went dead. We were lucky, we got our electricity back after a few hours, but the phones were dead until now (tuesday). I guess this is how things are going to be in the future. We have had a frightening warm fall (not one day with snow) and it really is strange seeing green grass and flowers in January in Sweden...





On a happier note I have actually made something out of my own challenge! :) I made a card. It was fun!

2 kommentarer:

  1. O my god Lisa,

    I am glad to hear you are oke!
    I saw the storm on the news yesterday and I noticed that it went straight over the place you live.
    I am worried to about the climat. We should have had snow and ice also, but this morning I saw some new little leaves on some buches. I am totaly not happy with that.
    Hope this is not a permanent thing....

    XOXO Inge

    SvaraRadera
  2. Oh My Lisa!! I'm glad you are ok! We had a heck of an ice storm this week too. this really was our first major storm of the season too...I blame it on El Nino!!

    SvaraRadera

Share!